Do you like when NKOTB talk about the old days? Here’s one interview that will become one of your favorites. Plus! An acoustic version of “The Right Stuff!”
NKOTB spent with Howard Stern almost an hour, sharing tons of funny anecdotes from the good old days, and so much more. And they also played an acoustic version of “The Right Stuff!”
Here’s a glimpse of the interview’s topics:
- Maurice Starr and the beginning of the New Kids On The Block; how he produced New Edition’s first album, Starr’s plan to have a white boy band which sounded black, how poor he was – as Donnie – and some fun facts about it.
- Boston and segregation
- When Mark left the band; Did Mark ever regret it? And when did Joey joined it
- Performing in prisons!!!
- Did Joey steal a car?
- The first single on a radio, “Please, don’t go Girl”, opening for Tiffany; meeting the guy who ran the Apollo Theater;
- Donnie talks about Jenny, and how they are making out all the time;
- Recording Hanging Tough: the small studio and the dogs barking we could hear 🙂
- Playing acoustic. An idea for the next tour?
- What happened when the band broke up? “Jon is gonna tell you what happened”, says Joey. Why did he leave? Was it a mistake? What did the rest of the guys do?
- Where did the money from the merchandise go? Was anyone looking out for them?
- Jordan as solo artist and Joey hanging out with friends. “The battle of 99”, when Jordan and Joey released their solo albums;
- The lessons learned;
- The NKOTB cruise and the after parties at a the Waffle House.
Enjoy the interview and then the clip of the boys performing an acoustic version of The Right Stuff.